Welcome to our live coverage of the 2017 edition of the premiere Australian poker event; the Aussie Millions! The poker festival is underway for a little over a week with several Aussie Millions champions already crowned:
- Event 1: Robert Raymond Wins Event #1 at Aussie Millions for AUD$320,830
- Event 2: James Chen Ships the 2017 Aussie Millions Event #2: $2,500 H.O.R.S.E.
- Event 3: Thomas Muehloecker Crowned Aussie Millions Event #3 Champion
- Event 4: Serge Osalan Wins Event #4: Pot Limit Omaha for AUD$58,315
- Event 5: Niall Murray Defeats Jack Salter to Win Aussie Millions Event #5
- Event 6: Thomas Boivin Wins Event #6 at Aussie Millions for AUD$117,950
The $25,000 Challenge at the Aussie Millions goes back to 2012 when 20 players participated and Dominykas "domcee" Karmazinas from Lithuania took down the lot. Before that, just a $25,000 shoot-out invitational was held by Full Tilt Poker who was the sponsor of the event at that time. That event was won by David Oppenheim who beat James Bord heads-up to take home $250,000.
Since the inaugural tournament in 2012, the tournament has grown each and every year. Last year a total of 122 entries were made into the tournament, creating a prize pool of AU$2,928,000. An incredible final table was won by an Chance Kornuth, the second biggest score of his life winning A$790,560 ($547,874).
|Year||Entries||Prize Pool||Winner||Country||Prize in A$||Prize in $|
|2016||122||A$2,928,000||Chance Kornuth||United States||A$790,560||$547,874|
** denotes a deal with Tobias Reinkemeier (2nd, A$614,850)
The tournament will start at 2:10 pm. The first six levels of this event will be 40 minutes long, with 60-minute levels thereafter. The tournament may commence up to 8-handed, moving to 6-handed as soon as practicable after registrations closes. One re-entry per player is permitted, with late registration open for the first eight levels. Players start their journey to the final table and ultimate goal of lifting the trophy, with a 50,000 starting stack. 12 levels are scheduled for today:
|Level||Small Blind||Big Blind||Ante|